The Cloud Softswitch processes Asserted Identity headers as follows.
- The softswitch can pass the P-Asserted-Identity SIP header from the incoming to the outgoing call leg.
- In case when no P-Asserted-Identity header is received, the softswitch can generate an Asserted Identity based on the CLI value.
- The P-Preferred-Identity header is always removed.
- Currently no support for the Privacy header exists.
The username part in the URI of the Asserted Identity can be edited with a translation rule before sending the call out.
There are several configuration options for the Asserted Identity processing.
- Account -> Pass P-Asserted-Id - controls if the P-Asserted-Identity SIP header is allowed to be passed to the outgoing call leg.
- Account -> Asserted-Id Tr. Rule - translation rule which rewrites the username part of SIP URI of the received Asserted Identity.
- Vendor Connection -> Use CLI As P-Asserted-Id - turns on generation of the P-Asserted-Identity header when no Asserted Identity received on the incoming call leg. If the Pass P-Asserted-Id option is turned off and this option is turned on then the Asserted Identity is always generated based on CLI.
- Vendor Connection -> Asserted-Id Tr. Rule - translation rule which allows to edit the outgoing Asserted Identity. The translation rule is always applied to the Asserted Identity no matter whether it was received on the incoming call leg or it was generated locally. If the translation results in an empty string then the P-Asserted-Identity header is not sent at all.